Monday, November 22, 2010

The break is over

I think my break from the mental and physical rigors of training is coming to an end after 2 weeks of minimal activity and a little bit of overeating. I'm really getting antsy not working out. My plan for these few down weeks was to continue to run some and bike some and even get in the pool but absent a structured, prescribed schedule, my tendency from day to day is to just skip it. I work best when I plan my work.

So, I scheduled some workouts for this week. Gonna try to get on the trainer, do the Turkey Trot on Thursday, and get in a long run on Saturday. Time to dust off the cobwebs and get to work.

I've been preparing for the coming training season by scheduling a day off from work every 3 weeks during during my training. My schedule will be 2 up/ 1 down from now until my taper so it's easy to see when my down weeks are. I scheduled a massage every three weeks too.

So, training official starts Monday, December 6. Gotta get all my ducks in a row so I'm ready to hit the ground running, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment