Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sore in some unfamiliar places

Well, yesterday was Monday...better known from heretofore as Pilates Day. I've always wanted to do Pilates. Not just mat Pilates but Pilates on that contraption thingy I've now learned is called a Pilates Reformer. Looks like a RACK to me. Reminds me of William Wallace in Bravehart after he's finally captured and they take him up in front of the town and the guy says, "Rack him!". Although I was not disemboweled or anything like that, the whole experience has left me in a considerable amount of pain just 24 hours later.

As long as "going" to another workout does not get too cumbersome, I'm seriously considering making a trip to Hardcore Pilates twice a week as part of my Ironman TX training. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to take me to the next level. I've given the advice on many occasion how it's important to work on your core but I've been somewhat hypocritical...well, completely hypocritical...as I've never worked on my own core. Like EVER!!! So, I'm thinking that I should see a lot of improvement real soon. I'm very excited.

1 comment:

  1. i will be the first one to tell you that either pilates or yoga or yogalates will make you a much much stronger person!!!!!!!!!!

    i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it! i am so incredibly hooked on hot yoga now that i can hardly stand it till Houston is done! i plan on doing hot yoga every day in February as a challenge.

    ReplyDelete